We enjoy being creative with macaroni and cheese. This version was fun and easy to make and with having a picky eater in the home, she had seconds.
1lb Radiatore Noodles
1/3c Flour (for roux)
1c Heavy Cream
1&1/2tsp Kosher Salt
1/2tsp Ground Garlic
1/4tsp Ground Coriander
1/2tsp White Pepper
4oz Cream Cheese
3c Cheddar Cheese(shredded)
– Prepare pasta according to pkg directions.
– In another medium sized saucepan.
– Melt butter- Add flour and cook for 3 minutes.
– Add milk, cream, and seasonings.
– Bring to a boil, mixing to prevent lumps.
– Add cheeses and mix til smooth.
– Add cheese sauce to noodles and mix well.
When serving, top with a little bit of shredded cheddar cheese and a few bacon bits. This does make a large family portion size. I enjoyed it so much I couldn’t resist another 2nd helping.