On a chilly Sunday morning, thought we would whip up some waffles with fresh strawberries that came from one of the orchards in Bayfield Wisconsin. My recipe is a simple recipe and I hope you enjoy it.
1/2c Strawberries( fresh or frozen)
2tsp Baking powder
1tsp Baking soda
– Heat waffle iron
– Break eggs, placing whites in small dish and yolks in large bowl
– In large bowl with egg.
– Add Buttermilk
– Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and salt.
Beat until smooth.
– Stir in the melted butter
– You may need to add a little more milk, if its still lumpy.
– Beat egg whites until soft peak forms, fold whites into batter.
– Spread batter evenly in the hot waffle iron.
– Close the lid and bake until steaming stops and waffle is golden.
– You can either top it with butter and local made syrup or top with a strawberry topping like we made.
To Make The Strawberry Topping, we just took the 1/2c fresh Bayfield strawberries and mashed them. Some people like to add sugar to the mashed strawberries, I tend not to as I want to taste the strawberry and not the sugar, that’s how good these strawberries are.
* I will give you a little hint, make sure you put one away just for you as these waffles go real quick.