These were probably the best meatballs I have ever tried. Even with having a finicky daughter who started complaining about having to eat them, couldn’t stop at one and her quote was “These are better than cheese curds”.
They are very easy to make and go well alone or over any kind of noodles.
Oven 400 degrees
Time: 15 minutes
1lb Ground Beef/ Chicken (works well too)
1c Bread crumbs
1/2tsp Ground Garlic
1tsp Italian Seasoning
1/4tsp Black Pepper
1pkg Mozzarella pearls
– Heat oven to 400 degrees, Grease roasting pan.
– In Large bowl, Add ground beef, crumble.
– Add the bread crumbs, egg, ground garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
– Mix well.
– Take 2oz of ground beef and flatten out, like a hamburger patty.
– Place 4 mozzarella pearls into middle of patty.
– Work patty around cheese to form a ball, and please make sure you seal it tight, so cheese doesn’t goo out.
– This will make 18-20 mozzarella balls.
– Place each meatball on greased roasting pan and place pan in 400 degree oven for 15minutes.
Some only a few of our meatballs had some cheese goo out, which was fine as it was eye candy to my eyes and I couldn’t wait to have one.
Enjoy these great meatballs, hmm, wonder how they would be in Swedish Meatballs?