What happens when you have an over abundance of zucchini? Learning to be creative gives way to this great ” Orange Ginger Zucchini Bread” recipe, that you just can’t stop at one piece. Its quite easy to make and the sweet aroma while baking makes the neighbors wanting to come over for a piece.
1 1/2c Sugar
4c Zucchini (grated)
1/2c Butter (melted)
1 1/2tsp Baking Powder
1Tbsp Baking Soda
1Tbsp Ginger (fresh ground), or 1tsp dry ground ginger
1 Orange (fresh zest &juice)
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– In large mixing bowl zest the the orange and ginger.
-Squeeze orange for the juice
– Add sugar, eggs, butter, applesauce and vanilla.
– Add Salt, Baking Powder, Baking soda and mix.
– Add the zucchini and mix.
– Add Flour and mix well.
– Grease 2 loaf pans.
– Equally add batter into loaf pans
Place in 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
– Allow to cool for 5minutes before removing from pan.
That’s if you will allow to cool before cutting a piece out it.