Making oatmeal at my house can be a struggle as members have different schedules. SO after experimenting, came up with this recipe that is surely to be enjoyed with the different schedules.
3 c Quick cooking oats
1 c Brown sugar (packed)
2tsp Baking Powder
1 c Milk
1/2 c Butter (melted)
– Preheat oven to 350 degree’s.
– Combine Oats, Brown sugar, Baking powder, Cinnamon and Salt in a large bowl.
– In another bowl, combine Eggs, Milk, Vanilla and Butter, Stir well.
– Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, Stir well.
– Stir mixture into a greased 9in Square baking pan.
– Bake into a 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
* Serve warm with milk
* different add- ins:
* Pumpkin seeds
* Apples( chopped)
We used sunflower seeds, Apples, Pumpkin Seeds in ours and topped the piece with Lingonberries.
Still thinking of other add- ins that would be good in this. Any Ideas?