One of the quotes I love to hear is ” A way through a man’s heart is through his stomach.” I found that to be so true once I made this delicious cake with fresh rhubarb from our garden. Once he tried it, he said “This is the best cake I have ever had,” makes me feel proud and that’s why I want to share this recipe. its really easy to make.
1/2 C Brown sugar
1/4 c Butter (melted)
3 c Rhubarb (fresh or frozen, diced)
1/4c jello powder (strawberry)
– Mix all ingredients together (except rhubarb) and smooth down into a greased square or round baking dish.
– If your using fresh rhubarb, dice.
– Layer baking dish with rhubarb.Set aside.
1/2 c Butter (softened)
1 c Sugar
2 Eggs (yolks only)
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 1/2 c All-purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 c Milk
1/4 tsp Cream Of Tartar
preheat oven to 325 degrees.
* In a large mixing bowl.
– Cream butter and sugar.
– Beat in egg yolks, and vanilla
– Add in the flour, Baking powder,and salt: mix well.
– Slowly add in the Cream of tatar
– Mix well
_ Gently spoon over rhubarb.
– Bake in a 325 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
– Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
enjoy with a nice helping of whip cream.