When its cold outside and your wanting something comforting for dinner, Why not make some soup that you can make in your slow cooker. This soup was so easy to make and once you try it, it will warm you right up.
1 pkg Mixed Beans (Rinsed and soaked for 1/2 hr)
1 Ham bone (ours was left over from Easter)
2 tsp Coriander
5 c Beef stock/ broth
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 Onion (chopped)
2 Celery ( Sliced)
2 Carrots (sliced)
– Empty the mixed beans into a strainer and wash well.
– Place beans into a bowl with warm water, take out anything that floats to the top.
– In slow cooker, Add Beef stock/ broth.
– Add Ham bone.
– Add Celery, Carrot,and onion and spices
– Drain the beans, add beans to soup and cook on high for 5 hours.
* Can add tomatoes, Kale, or any other veggies you would like.
* Crackers and/or toast are good sides that are delicious with the soup.