Usually on Holidays, I try and make something special for breakfast. Well because I was stuck in my little Shenanigans this morning with a April Fools prank (view last post). Decided I was going to make Caramel Rolls. I wanted to try a family sized Roll and it worked out really well. The family really liked this and all of the excess caramel.
6 c Flour
1/2 c Sugar
2 tsp Yeast
1 c Water
1 c Milk
1/2 c Butter
– In a large bowl.
– Add flour, sugar.
– In a smaller bowl, Add Yeast and add the hot water and whisk well. Let sit for a few minutes.
– In the large bowl, add milk and butter and egg, then the yeast mixture.
– Mix well. turn dough out onto flour surfaced counter, and knead the dough.
– Once the dough is kneaded, Place in greased bowl and place clean towel over the bowl.
– Let stand for 1/2 hour.
Next set of directions:
– Once the dough has risen to double the size. Turn the dough out on floured surface and knead.
– Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to rectangle size.
– For the middle:
1/4 c Butter (melted)
1/2 c Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
Mix the mixture together and spread on the dough.
– Tightly roll the dough.
– The edges can be folded under.
FOR THE CARAMEL:
1/2 c Brown Sugar
1/4 c Butter
– In a small saucepan, add Butter and allow to melt, add the brown sugar and mix together until the mixture is the same color.
– Empty caramel into a greased cake pan, add the roll and wrap around.
– Place Clean towel over and allow to rise 30 minutes.
– Heat oven to 375 Degree’s
– Bake for 25-30 minutes.