With the snow falling and wind blowing and wanted something comforting, decided to make Mark’s pancakes that were so good they melt in your mouth and are his specialty. Its a really easy recipe to make.
2 c Flour
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
4 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 c Buttermilk
1 c Milk
1/4 c Butter (melted)
2 tsp Vanilla
– In a large bowl;
– Add flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt, mix well.
– Add in the eggs, buttermilk, milk and vanilla, butter and mix well.
– Add 1 tsp of butter to pan.
– Once butter melts add 1/4c of batter to pan and wait til small bubbles top the pancake. Flip the pancake over and cook another minute.
We use local syrup and a small amount of butter. Goes well with a side of Grapefruit and bacon.
* If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, Using plain yogurt would be a great alternative.
Be prepared to be full for a while.
What is your favorite topping for pancakes?