For National Pi Day, Was going to make a peach pie, but we only had Blueberries and rhubarb in the freezer. Chose the blueberries as I wanted to try them in a crisp. So this is what we made and if they would come out with Smellapics. The smell of the crisp and blueberries was fantastic to the point where I had take a spoon and get a small nibble before it was out of the oven. Thought I would share the recipe with everyone. I do hope you try this and let me know what you think of it too.
Difficulty: very easy
Oven temp: 350 degrees
Time: 40-45 minutes
4 c Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 c Powdered Sugar
1/3 c Flour
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp Corn Starch
TOPPING (crisp) ingredients:
3/4 c Flour
1/2 c Brown sugar
1/3 c Butter (melted)
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Grease a 9-in pie pan.
– In a small mixing bowl, add powdered sugar, flour,corn starch and cinnamon.
– Mix well. Add the blueberries.
– Mix until all blueberries are well coated.
– Once all the blueberries are mixed and coated, switch all the blueberries to the pie pan.
– Now set the pan aside, while you get set up the topping.
– In a small bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, and melted butter.
– Mix together well.
– Place on top of the blueberries.
– If there is not enough to cover all (such as what happened with mine). Might have to make more of the topping. * I find the more you add, the crunchier it will be. The topping has been used by Mark in restaurants.
* Another note, make sure you put a cookie sheet under the pie plate.
– Enjoy the wonderful smell while it bakes.
– After 40- 45 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool.
– After cooling, enjoy,
Enjoy with whip cream, or vanilla ice cream.