In the last couple of weeks, We have been pondering our daughters eating habits and having had chatted with Mark’s mom. It was decided that our daughter could eat better in the morning then running out the door (to catch school bus) with pop tarts. Even though once in a while I would make the occasional Egg Muffin sandwich. It donned on me that why not make ahead burrito’s. So I came up with these easy Egg Burrito’s that take no time at all to make and they can be frozen, then in the morning I can just pop in oven for 10 minutes. Today was my first trial of it and it worked. Not only did she run out the door, but I also got the I love you. I also used hamburger in this recipe as she loves hamburger more then any other type of meat.
1/2 lb Hamburger(ground)
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic (minced)
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Pepper
1/4 c Milk
1/2 c Swiss Cheese (Shredded)
– Fry the hamburger, Add Onion powder, Garlic, Salt and pepper.
– Drain and set aside.
– Crack eggs, add milk.
– Stir well.
– Add to pan and scramble.
– Til they are nice and fluffy, Just make sure you don’t over cook them.
– Place hamburger back into pan and mix together well, So the spaices get mixed through to eggs.
– Add the Swiss cheese, mix through.
– Now you are ready to fill the tortilla.
-1/2 cup for each tortilla. Fold one half over, then bring in the edges, roll til the burrito is formed. Let cool before you place in freezer.
– When your ready to have one, Place on a cookie sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
The recipe above made six burrito’s. I hope you get a chance to try these great burrito’s because I did and they were fantastic.
In the future I would like to add green pepper and tomato’s or even salsa.