Ever have one of those days where your just not wanting to do much and needing some comfort food. We went through one of those days recently and came up with our Pot Pie recipe that really was a comfort. I am sure it would be a comfort to you too.
Preheat oven: 400 degrees
Time: 30-40 minutes.
Servings: 5 individual tin pans.
1 1/2 lbs Flour
3 c Butter (cold)
1 tsp Salt
1 c Water
– In Bowl;
– Add flour, and salt and mix together
– Cut in butter using a cheese grater.
– Add water and mix together.
– Roll out dough and cut using the individual tin pans or pie plate.
– Once the dough is in containers.
– Place containers in freezer, while you prepare the filling.
There should be enough dough left over to roll out for the tops.
1 1/2 lb Chicken (diced)
2 (10.5oz) cans Cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 1/2 tsp Coriander
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 c water
1/2 c Green Beans
1/2 c Corn (fresh/frozen)
1/2 c Peas (fresh/frozen)
3 Potatoes ( peeled and diced).
– Peel and Dice Potatoes and boil til tender, Add other vegetables.
– Fry chicken til cooked through.
– Add cream of chicken soups
– mix well.
– Add vegetables and water, mix well.
– Place 2 c chicken filling into pie crust.
– Top with round pie crust and fold under.
– Use thumbs to pinch edges of pot pie. Poke a couple of holes in the top.
– Place on cookie sheets in case it boils over, place in 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
This is our easy recipe. We are planning on making more in the future using several different vegetables and meats and even breakfast pot pies. Freezing these are also very easy.