Are you looking for a change in potatoes? This Au Gratin Potatoes recipe is one that is easy to prepare. Waiting for them to finish baking is the difficult part.
1/4 c Butter
1/4 c All-purpose Flour
2 c Cheddar Cheese (Shredded Cheese)
1/2 c Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
5 c Potatoes (5 potatoes) (peeled and sliced)
1/4 c Bread Crumbs
– Heat oven to 350 degree’s
– Grease 2 quart casserole dish.
– In medium pan,
– Melt butter, Stir in the flour and salt.
-Add milk and stir til a little bubbly.
– Add the cheeses.
– Stir thoroughly.
– Add the potatoes and gently mix together.
– Next pour into the grease casserole dish.
– Sprinkle the bread crumbs on the potatoes, cover and bake for 1 to 1&1/2 hrs. Or until potatoes are tender.
Once in a while I like adding bacon bits and chives to this dish. This dish didn’t last at our house, and with having a picky child, this was winner.