We have been using sauerkraut a lot lately due to the healthy benefits it contains. I used to be one of those people who would pass on the sauerkraut too. I now try and have sauerkraut as much as I can.. There’s only a couple of ingredients in sauerkraut which include 1 head of cabbage, garlic, non-idolized salt.
* Protects heart health.
* Provides energy.
* Stimulates the immune system
* Strengthens bones
* Reduces overall cholesterol levels
* Eliminates inflammation
* Protects against certain cancers
* Improves skin and vision health
* Increases metabolism
Eating Sauerkraut can help move food through the bowels, eliminating bloating, cramping, gas and constipation.
Sauerkraut contains fiber, vitamin c, vitamins k.
Eating to much of sauerkraut which is high in sodium can cause other health concerns.
* If any of you are like me, I was told putting apple into the sauerkraut would add a little sweetness to it.