What a wonderful dish this was and even our picky eater who claims she doesn’t like tomatoes, couldn’t get enough of. You would think it would be hard to make, But it was actually very easy.
1 box Jumbo Shells
1 (15oz) Ricotta Cheese
1lb Italian Sausage
1 c Spinach
1/2 c Sour Cream
1 can Marinara Sauce/ or tomato sauce
1tsp Garlic Salt
1tsp Italian Seasoning
1 c Cherry tomatoes( split in half)
1/2c Green onion (chopped)
– Prepare shells according to package directions and set aside.
– In frying pan, cook the sausage til no longer pink.
– Add garlic salt, Italian seasoning to sausage.
– Add green Onion and spinach.
– Once combined, remove from heat and empty into another large bowl.
_ Add Sour Cream
– Add ricotta Cheese and combine.
– Empty marinara sauce and halved tomatoes into 9X13 casserole dish. Set aside.
– Fill each shell with the Ricotta cheese mixture and place in casserole dish
– Once all shells are used, cover with tin foil and place in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
– After 20 minutes remove the tin foil and cook for another 10 minutes.
This makes a great dinner party entree served with a dinner roll. If you try this I would like to know what you think.