This Sandwich was so easy and fun to make, After letting the corned beef slow cook all day, I did some research on Sauerkraut and the health benefits. If I would have known there were so many, I would have been eating this a long time ago. In my next blog I will be sharing those benefits with you. For now this is one of our recipe’s using Sauerkraut and corned beef.
2 slices Corned Beef
1/4 c Sauerkraut ( warmed)
2 tsp Thousand Island (each slice of bread)
2 slices Rye bread ( toasted)
2 slices Swiss cheese
– Remove beef from slow cooker.
– Slice the beef
– Butter one side of the bread, spread 2 tsp of Thousand Island dressing on other side of the bread.
– Place cheese on top of the dressing, warm up the Sauerkraut.
– Add 2 Tbsp of Sauerkraut on top of the cheese, then place meat on Sauerkraut.
– Add remaining of Sauerkraut on top of the beef.
– Add other side of the bread.
Sour cream and chive or Jalapeno chips go well with this sandwich.