11/2lbs beef steak (cut into 1inch cubes
2Tbsp olive oil
3cloves garlic (minced)
1 onion (diced)
2stalks celery (diced)
2 carrots (diced)
3 potato (diced)
1&1/2c Red Wine
3 bay leaves
1/2tsp ground coriander
1/4tsp black pepper
8c beef broth
– Cut and prepare beef, garlic, onion, celery, and carrots.
– Season beef with salt and black pepper.
– Heat oil on high and brown beef well.
– Add garlic, onion, celery, and carrots, saute until vegetables are tender.
– Add Red Wine, bay leaves, thyme, coriander, black pepper.
– Reduce wine for 2 minutes.
– Add broth and potatoes, bring to a boil.
– Reduce heat to a medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes until beef is tender.
– Remove thyme and bay leaves before serving.
Biscuits are great to serve along with this soup.