Tabbouleh is so refreshing and healthy.
1c Red Bulgar
1c Boiling water
1/4c Green onion (minced)
1/4c Fresh Parsley (chopped)
3Tbsp Thai Basil (chopped) * you can use regular Basil also.
1 Tomato (seeded and diced)
1 Cucumber (seeded and diced)
1/4tsp Ground cumin
1/4tsp Black pepper
3Tbsp Lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
2Tbsp Olive oil
1clove Garlic (minced)
– Mince 1 clove of garlic and put in a small saucepan, add 1c of water and 1/2tsp of salt put on stove top to boil.
– Once the water has come to a rolling boil, remove from heat and add 1c of Red Bulgar.
-Cover and let sit for one hour.
While the Bulgar sits. Cut up the green onions, tomato, cucumber, basil, parsley. Set aside.
– In small bowl combine Ground cumin, black pepper, fresh lemon juice, set aside.
– Uncover the Bulgar and put in a large bowl.
– Add herbs to the Bulgar
– Add cucumbers, tomato, and green onions to the bowl and mix to combine.
-Add the lemon seasoning mixture and mix well.
– Before serving add 2Tbsp of olive oil.